Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What is wrong with this picture?


I found this book at a thrift store and had to purchase it. The tidbits of knowledge contained between its covers was not to be passed up. (I will share more in the future.) It was published in 1963 and is a good sign of the times. What is so incredibly wrong with that picture? Oh, I dunno, maybe that big gun sitting on the table in front of the toddler? Granted, it is only a toy gun, but you would never find this in advertising today. Another sign of the times is that the book is filled with recipes overloaded with sugar, candy, marshmallows and some unmentionable combinations thereof. Do not get me wrong. I am so going to make these garden row cupcakes. Ice cream, cupcakes and a candy stick in one single presentation. I may not have a good reason for making these, but I will find one.

No comments: