Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Quick gifts


While working on the list of gifts and projects I need to finish before Christmas, I have also been able to fit in some quick little gifts like these. They are for when you don't feel like baking, but you need to give a little something as a gift. I made hot cocoa mix from a recipe I found online. I will post it if it turns out to be worth your while. I then received a lot of baby food jars through Freecycle. I sterilized them, painted the lids red, added some ribbon and a tag and I had 30 mini gifts for people I only know very casually.
Two years ago on Martha Stewart she had a viewer demonstrate how to make these Mint Ritz crackers. I have not tasted them. For some reason there are people that really like these crackers. My Mom said that they were OK. They are incredibly easy to make.

All you need are the dark chocolate mint melting disks made by Wilton. You can get them at Michael's or Jo-Ann. You melt them in a bowl over a pot of hot water. You dip each Ritz in the chocolate and then place on a parchment lined pan. That is it. I will place them in a decorative holiday treat bag and pair them with the hot cocoa mix. That makes about 15 little gifts off my list.

No comments: