Monday, December 21, 2009

Sweetest hangover


This is all I have seen all weekend. I was in the kitchen baking from 9:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. I think that if I see another cookie I may do something drastic. Sunday was spent decorating and frosting. I have figured out that I made 425 cookies on Saturday. I would like to add into that total the 100 cookies I made earlier in the week for a soup kitchen lunch. I may be forced to stay away from the kitchen for a very long time.

These were the maple sugar cookies I tried for the first time. They turned out pretty good. I made a maple frosting instead of a glaze.

The next cookies are all variations on the same butter cookie dough. I decorated some with Ghiradelli chocolate.

These were topped with caramel and chocolate.

These are dark chocolate and ground pistachios.

This is the lemon version of the same dough.



This is another recipe. They are gingered sugar cookies which I have made before. They have chopped crystallized ginger pieces.

Matcha cookies cut into very small leaves.

Very LARGE caramels. I was tired of wrapping so I did not care if they were somewhat big. Who is going to complain that the piece of caramel they received was too big?
Oh, I am still not finished. I need to make the coffee toffee and one more cookie. I forgot. I suppose I also have to wrap up all of these cookies in gift packages as well.

1 comment:

ai said...

OMG, you've certainly been baking. They all look amazing.

Happy holidays. I've finally managed to send you something in the mail! Yay.