Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Friday from the archives


I have lots of vintage sewing patterns so I decided to start sifting through them and documenting them. We shall begin with this very awkwardly posed model wearing a slightly fitted jacket with notched collar, wrist-length sleeves with half-cuffs and curved flap pockets. Her bottom half sports a slim skirt. She does seem a bit confused. Here eyes slightly glazed over. "Where am I going? What ever am I doing?" This particular ensemble was designed by Jo Mattli. It states on the flap of the envelope that "Swiss charm and Parisian taste combine in the designs of this member of London's couture group. Mr. Mattli has designed the clothes for many English films." Oh for the days of gloves and a good milliner. I love the dude on a Vespa in the background.

No comments: