Monday, March 15, 2010

Booty call


Did you ever have one of those days where everything goes wrong and you are pissed off beyond belief? I had one of those days last week so I went to the thrift store for some retail therapy. The thrift gods were smiling down on me. I found the lovely pair of vintage boots you see above. They were just what I had been seeking out for months. I love them. They will go perfectly with my spring dresses and skirts. They only have one small issue. The calves are a bit snug for my taste. I was not blessed with the twiggy stems of a model. Do you have this problem? I was planning on taking them to a shoe repair place to have them stretched. I tried a local place and was shot down before I could even place them on the counter. Really? I know for a fact that he was wrong. It can be done. When shopping for boots in Italy I tried on a pair that would not zip over my calves. I was ready to give up when the saleswoman shook her finger and took off to the counter with them. She returned in a few minutes and slipped them right onto me. I believe that I this close to becoming verklempt. It was as if I had been shown the Holy Land. The Holy Land of boots, that is. So, now that I am not in Italy I have to find a competent local boot dude on my own.

I was starting to get frantic when I came across this pair above the very next day. They are not as high and slim as the first pair, but they fit like a glove. They will tide me over until I can clear up my other "situation". They originally had these awful round western metal coin type accents that I had to remove. I left the braided straps, but maybe I should remove them as well?

2 comments:

ai said...

I like the style of the first one better. Find yourself a boot man hopefully soon!

I'm too big for Japanese, so are my feet. So recently I've placed an order for a pair of Trippen boots from Germany that they are producing right about now somewhere in Berlin. Surprisingly it's more than 100USD cheaper to order directly from them than buy the same pair in Japan, and that's even shipping fees included. Do you own any Trippen shoes or boots? They gotta be so comfy.

pupule said...

No, I do not own any Trippen boots. It looks like they only have them at one store in Chicago. I do have a pair of Tsubo boots which seem to be along a similar aesthetic.