Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Buns in the oven


I did a little baking the other day. This was my second experiment with the baked bao. I made a filling from Japanese white yam. I could not tell if it was sweet enough. I think I am just used to the red bean so I was expecting a more sweet flavor. This filling was strictly yam and nothing else. I did not include a photo of a dissected bun because the filling is basically the same color as the bun. I experimented with Nutella as well. Very dangerous. Addictive to eat and I did not fill them correctly because they leaked. I am going to try with a solid chocolate next time. Curried chicken and chocolate will be the next test recipes.

I also made these peanut butter oatmeal cookies. I was very productive. I also mailed out some malaise-buster packages in the mail. I am doing my best to spread happiness and joy in 2010.

1 comment:

ai said...

They both look fantastic. I cannot imagine sweet yam filling, though. Maybe I'm thinking of some other yam!?

I want some of your positive productivity. You saw my dinner tonight.

Anyway, have a great weekend.