Sunday, November 28, 2010

Typeface


I just recently caught the film Typeface on PBS. It originally aired in January, but I missed it and it has taken me this long to accidentally stumble across it. I am so glad that I did. What a great film. If you get the chance you should definitely see it. It got me all excited about letterpress again. You may remember that I bought my tiny tabletop press quite a while ago. I will not comment about its lack of use. It also got me motivated to actually go and visit the Hamilton Wood Type Museum. I have wanted to go there for years, but just have not gotten into my car and driven up there. I am definitely going in 2011. Roadtrip! It is such a treasure and I do not want to miss out on it.

Later on in the same week, I came across a blog post pointing toward this project that is currently looking for funding. I think it sounds really cool. You should go over and check out the video. I am hoping that the truck stops somewhere in my 'hood next year.

No comments: