Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pressing on in 2011


Quite some time ago I stated that I was going to learn more about letterpress by actually doing some. My poor tabletop press has been so lonely. After viewing the film about the Hamilton Wood Type Museum I decided I had to act sooner than later. Today I rectified the situation. I headed up to the Platen Press Museum to do some printing and learn a thing or two. Isn't it all so lovely?

This is the back room where I did not work due to the fact that it is the middle of winter and that place is not heated.

Can you believe all of that type from floor to ceiling?

Oh, and the presses. Everywhere. Every kind.

Type was sorted, paper was printed and much was learned by yours truly. I cannot wait to head up there again for some more schoolin'.

No comments: