Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Baking Weather

We recently had some record high temperatures in the 90's which were making me very unhappy. All of that went away this weekend when we plunged back down into some baking weather! I could finally try out some new baking recipes. First, let me apologize for the photos. I know that you should wait for the goods to cool before indulging as well as shooting, but I was a little anxious for some reason. therefor, a lot of this is going to look gooey since it has not had a chance to set.
Several weeks ago I was at a pie bakery and tried out their Chess pie. I had never had that before. I thought it was pretty good, but I wanted to try it out myself. The result is above. I tried a Gale Gand recipe, because she makes really good baked goods and she went to my church when she was growing up. My mother will tell you that every time you mention her name. Just warning you. This pie turned out really nice. It has a nice sweet and tart contrast and the top of the pie has a nice crisp delicate texture.
I also made Sweet Potato Pie. I used a new recipe. I will have to wait and see how it sets before giving that recipe.
I
Last by but not least I tried out some Chocolate covered Toffee Matzoh. Now I shall roll myself out of the kitchen.

No comments: