Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bill Cunningham

Bill Cunningham New York Trailer from Gavin McWait on Vimeo.

I do not remember feeling so much anticipation to view a film since I was a child. I found the postcard announcement for this film when I was in New York. It opened there shortly after I left. I have waited all of these months for it to finally open here. It was well worth the wait. I enjoyed every minute of it. Bill Cunningham is one of the last of a dying breed...a gentleman. You rarely get to see someone who so loves what they do and is so entrenched in their beliefs. When I saw his apartment I completely understood where he was coming from. I remember guys like that. The only things that they really needed were their camera and their film. For a part of my life I was that way too. There might not have been food in my fridge, but there was always fresh film and batteries sitting next to that ketchup bottle. Who needed food? This film is a nice look into the daily activities of an unsung hero. I am so glad that someone decided to make a film on him before it was too late. When this comes to wherever you are, be sure and check it out.

No comments: