Thursday, April 05, 2012

Once a Year Mojo


 This is how I spent yesterday.  My Mom asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I replied, "thrift."  She was not amused.  Does she not know her own child?  Nothing would make me happier than rummaging through some stuff looking for buried treasure.  Besides that, I have usually benefited from "special birthday thrifting mojo".  The first thing I requested was to stop for some of that matcha.  (be prepared, there is a lot of food involved for my birthday.
 Lunch was yummy.  I requested dim sum.  See?  I am a really cheap date.

Let the mojo commence.  I ventured back to that incredibly large thrift store in the city where I found the gocco printer.  As I was perusing the shelves overflowing with clutter I spotted it.  The missing lamp housing from the printer I bought the other day!  I found it among all of those chaotic shelves.  I explained this to the manager and she was more than happy to let me have it for free.


YEAH!!!

OK, so I have repeatedly expressed my love for the bug.  At the same store I saw this at the  bottom of one of the glass cases.  I don't care if I sound like a six year old.  I love it.  It is cast iron and the paint is in beautiful condition.  The best part is the attention to detail and the fact that the parts actually move.

 Tire in the front trunk.
 That steering wheel actually works and moves the wheels.


Engine in the back.

My new uncalled for pastry obsession is with the cream bun, but only when Sweet Station in Chinatown makes it.  Their cream is light and has a slightly salty taste to cut the sweetness.  They are incredibly yummy and I selected it as my birthday cake.  Look at that cream!  I can feel it on my thighs already.  Hmmm, I wish I had a skinny thigh mojo instead.

1 comment:

mariko said...

Crap, for some reason I had it in my head that your birthday was the 6th, but then I checked my calendar. Happy belated birthday!!