Friday, April 13, 2012

Wiring

I think that I forgot to post this vintage pendant lamp way back when I purchased it.  It is a lovely teak or rosewood base and it was made by Dyrlund in Denmark.

It has a lovely covered cord that covers the wiring.


The problem is that I am not sure how to resolve some of the problems I am having with it.  First, is that I have no idea how this was powered originally.  I guess it must have plugged into another power source specifically made for this fixture.  This is what is on the end of the cord.
The other problem is that I am pretty sure that this will not be hardwired into the ceiling when I use it.  I will probably opt for some sort of long disguised cord that eventually leads to an outlet.  I still want to keep the original design so I would like to figure out a way to keep the design of the original cord and cone that butts up to the ceiling, but create a way to have it actually plug into the wall.

I am not sure if you can see the beautiful joint piecing of the wood here.

This will probably not be hanging in my home, but in another location due to its size.  It is not apparent from these photographs, but this is a fairly large pendant and I do not have tall ceilings.  The height of the fixture is 14 inches and the diameter of the shade is 22 inches.  I am searching for an inexpensive way to solve my wiring dilemma and would appreciate any advice if anybody is out there reading this and has an idea.

No comments: