Friday, August 17, 2012

This is not a new theme

I swear this is not a new blog theme.  I will back off from the sewing machine posts soon.  The one thing that would be easier on an industrial type machine than on my 29-4 is straight line sewing. of larger flat pieces.  I could use a machine that would handle the thinner leather in larger pieces and leave the thick pieces requiring special maneuvering to the 29-4.  Then I remembered that my grandmother's old sewing machine was in my Mom's basement.  It was manufactured in 1942.  Such pretty design work.

From what I can tell, it will be able to handle the leather and some of the heavier materials I might want to sew.  I dropped it off at a Singer distributor today. The woman who waited on me was very excited to see this machine.  I am hoping that they can get it into good working order and I will pretty much be set for anything.  Don't you just love it when you can shop for free in the basement?

No comments: