Monday, September 17, 2012

Murphy

This weekend was the small (thirty or 40 vendors?) outdoor flea market that only happens twice a summer in the parking lot of an antique mall.  It is hard to predict what you will find at this one, but you can be sure that you will more than likely find something inside the mall if you don't score on the outside.  I found this outdoors.  I do not think I could have imagined it on my own.  I like to compare it to a Murphy bed.  I do not have loads of space at home, but I should not complain because I am one person in a space sometimes occupied by small families.  Can you guess what this is?  The two rubber stoppers on the top are a small hint.

Look!  It has wheels, too.  I can take it on the road.

That box on wheels unfolds to become this wonderful work space.  Those rubber stoppers were on the bottom of two legs that slide into the box when closed.  For now, it solves my workbench question.  I am currently avoiding moving my butcher block table up many flights from storage.  For now, this will do the trick and it will not take up much space when not in use.  How clever is this?  I will probably add another piece of wood on top when I am working so I do not damage the existing table.

All of that dedicated tool storage.  A notch and a hole for everything.

Below we have shelves for hardware and supply storage.  I now have no excuse not to get my butt moving and set-up my workspace.

No comments: