Friday, March 22, 2013

Found silver

After posting these pictures I realize that you really aren't able to see the difference between them so you are just going to have to trust me.  I found this silver plate serving tray by accident the other day.  I am not big on silver serving pieces of this type, but the name engraved on ti happens to belong to a friend of mine.  It was meant to be.  It was dirty and tarnished so I decided to try and do at least a little cleaning on it.  There were all types of suggestions on the Internet, but I started with this one. I am sharing the results with you so that you can try it out if you like.   I dipped the tray in a bath of warm water and oxyclean.  After awhile I then made a paste of baking soda mixed with a little water and simply used my finger to get it into the nooks and crannies.  I let that sit and then dipped it again before a final rinse.  There was no elbow grease involved and it did a pretty good job.  If you want it super shiny you might have to go to another method.  I am going to try that method next and will post it when I see the results.

This is the tray after.

I think you can see the results better in these two pictures.


No comments: