Monday, September 16, 2013

Autumn Harvest

 
 
Oh, how I had forgotten about the beautiful bounty available at the farmer's market.  I have not been able to go very often due to the conflict with the out of state flea markets.  I was able to go this past weekend and everything was beautiful and overflowing.  I guess I might have to buy this rainbow of beets next visit.
 
Roasted peppers or pepper jelly for winter?

So many apple varieties.  I see apple butter in my future.  The honeycrisp (my favorite) are now available.  It reminded me of how much Atticus loved them and would immediately sit right next to me the minute I cut into one.  Eating them will never be the same for me.



I should either make some dried tomatoes or can some sauce.  For now I am working on replicating that tomato jam from Red Rooster.

 
Look at that basil!  $3 for that giant bouquet.  I am off to the kitchen to make several batches of pesto.

No comments: