Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fixed!



I found this lovely vintage typewriter last year. I cannot remember how much it was but I think it was around five bucks. I believe that I bought it solely based on the color. When I got it home and started typing, I found that a letter or two did not work. I put it aside for later when I would find a repair shop to fix it. Well, that never happened. It had recently popped back into my mind and I became obsessed with getting it fixed. So, I was watching March Madness on Sunday and I pulled it out to see if maybe I could do some DIY repairs. I must admit that I am not the most mechanically inclined person, unless backed into a corner. My fingertips were getting sore from my attempts to try and make this beauty whole again. I finally went into the tool box and pulled out a pair of needle nose pliers. Voila! It not only looks good, it now functions as well.

No comments: