Friday, April 04, 2008

Feeling very.......Foxy

When I spotted this coat at the thrift store it reminded me of Foxy Brown or Cleopatra Jones. I had to have it.


Since it has not quite been the proper weather to wear it, it has been waiting in the closet. As luck would have it, I was once again at another thrift store and stumbled across a copy of Foxy Brown.



It had to be a message from the thrift gods. I swooped on it and added it to my library. When I finally viewed the film it was a little different than I had imagined. I had seen some of the blaxploitation films in my African American Studies film class in college. For some reason, I did not think that this picture would be as raunchy as it was. In fact, I would think that it might have a more restricted rating today than it did back in the day. I also thought that the acting and character portrayed by Kathryn Loder was beyond bizarre. If you get a chance to see this film you have to check her out.


I look forward to the day in the fall when I can pull out my leather boots and finally sport my vintage beauty while I stroll down the street thinking about sticking it to "the man" .

2 comments:

please sir said...

great looking jacket!

pupule said...

Thanks Diana!