Wednesday, June 18, 2008

new look

Last weekend I went to the farmer's market, as usual. I guess that it must be the end of the peony season because the peonies that I purchased barely lasted a day before starting to wilt. This is the vendor that I usually purchase them from. None of them were slightly closed as they usually are earlier in the season. Anyway, I decided I had better take a picture before they were completely gone. I liked looking at them so much that I decided to make a new header and add the peonies to them.

I am sure that I will change it again as time goes on, but it will be a nice reminder of spring and summer when those chilly wintry winds start to blow.
Besides trying to re-decorate my house, I am attempting to add shots of color since I tend to keep a very neutral palette. I thought that it was going to be easy to add color via painting, upholstery, etc, but it has not. I now realize that I will probably be more successful if I take "baby-steps" and start with some small accessories like these:
A brand new bright red teakettle found at the thrift store.
A retro plastic yellow pitcher/bowl.

No comments: