Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lucky



I have recently had a run of incredible luck when it has come to my thrift outings. I first saw this large crewel tree here. It stuck in my mind for months. I began to covet it. I am not sure why. I do not have any large needlework pieces in my house. Still, it stuck with me. About a month later I was taking the beast to a visit to the vet and stopped at the Goodwill on the way. There it was in all it's glory waiting for me to swoop it up...and I did.

About the same time as this event, I was at another thrift store and I spotted these cool canisters. I do not necessarily need canisters, but I really liked the shape and design of these. Dig the faux wood grain. Anyway, they were $24 for a set of 4. I really could not justify the expense and my mother commented that they had some rust damage when she examined them. Again, they stuck with me. Last week, I was in a store not far from my home and I found a set of three for a quarter of the price the other place was asking. Swoop. I can always wait to try and find the sugar canister.



This is what the tops look like:


I realize that this does not exactly conform to my mission to inject color into my house with accessories, but the form trumps the hue.

No comments: