Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Friday, Hot glass

Today was my final glass class. They now have all of the needed equipment which really did not do me any good until the last half of class today. It would have been so much nicer to have the use of the grinder from the first day of class. As a result, almost all of my things have an organic shape to them. I have made quite a few things and learned a little bit about t he materials and process and how to work with them. I consider all of these to be my experimentation with the medium

Last week I made these:

This week they came back as these:

Last week I made these:




This week they came back as these:


A sushi sized plate


A sushi sized plate with a leaf imprint


A larger slumped plate with a leaf impression

I think that this one might have turned out the best. I also realized that I have never tried to photograph glass before. It is not easy to capture.
I actually had an early morning visit to some garage sales around the corner, but I have not shot them to post. More over the weekend.

No comments: