Thursday, September 25, 2008

I stand corrected


When I wrote this post, I truly did believe that I had found my greatest bargain ever. I think I now stand corrected. Today, I decided to go out and pick up something for lunch instead of cooking it like I usually do every day. Before I went to buy lunch I stopped in at one of my regular thrifts. I walked toward the back to the furniture. There they were. There were 5 of them. If I told you the price you would not believe me. In fact, I thought that they must be reproductions or copies. as you can see from the picture above, they are the real thing. I was about to buy all 5. I bought 2 of them. After dropping them off at home I realized that I should have just bought them all. I turned around to go back and purchase them. I was too late. A dealer had gotten to them and bought the remaining three. Damn! I know, I should just be happy that I was able to purchase the 2 that are now sitting in my house. OK, I'll fess up to the price. (see below)
$20!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh. my. gosh. what a find! why can i never find anything that good!?!?lucky you - that dealer is totally going to mark that cost up to some unsuspecting buyer buy like...%1000.