Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Size does matter


I saw these enormous avocados at the market last week. I do not know if you can see the enormity of their size. They are about the same size as the head of my dog. I usually get the smaller sized avocados that fit nicely in the palm of your hand. I believe that they are usually from Mexico. These were from Florida. I was intrigued by their size and cheap price tag, so I bought one. When I opened it for a taste I was surprised at how sweet they were. They had a completely different taste and texture than the avocados I am used to. I did not think they would make a good guacamole at all. So, I decided to try my hand at making my own avocado bubble tea. To some, it may seem like a strange choice in bubble tea, but believe me, it is good. It is my favorite flavor of bubble tea to drink. I like it with the huge tapioca pearls at the bottom. I used the recipe below which I found at Coconut and Lime and edited a little bit. It was delicious and I recommend that you try it out.
Avocado Bubble Tea
1 cup ice
1 avocado, peeled and pitted
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
Large tapioca pearls
Directions: Prepare the tapioca pearls as directed on the package. Meanwhile, pulse the avocado, ice and sweetened condensed milk in a blender until smooth. Pour the pearls into your glass and top with avocado drink. Enjoy.

No comments: