Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Receiving joy

I love to send out surprise packages for no reason. It is a form of entertainment for me that I truly enjoy. For the past three years I have participated in the Holiday Ornament Swap. Last year I was in a swap group with Muriel from the Netherlands. After the swap was completed we continued to stay in touch. I asked her for recipes for stroopwafels which were my favorite epicurean pleasure when I visited the Netherlands. This year we were in contact again because I wanted to make sure that she was aware that the swap sign-up had begun.
Needless to say, we are not in the same swap group this year. I had an extra ornament or two so I sent one of to Muriel for old times sake.
Yesterday, I received this lovely bird ornament in the mail from Muriel.

Wait! That's not all. There was also a beautiful Christmas card and some stroopwafels! How luck am I?

No comments: