Monday, March 09, 2009

Skirt Project Experiment 1


The past couple of weekends have been inclement. Besides that, the college basketball season is heating up so I am sitting on my butt most of the weekend. I am sure that I become Vitamin D deficient due to lack of exposure to the sun during march Madness. Since I have been inside I have gotten quite a bit accomplished in terms of sewing and projects. These are what became of the one project referred to in that earlier post. (Please excuse me for not properly ironing them before photographing them. I tend to do things on the fly a lot of the time. :) )

I had purchased some $2 skirts at the thrift store and kept them in a stack for later transformation. These are my first attempts. The appliqued circles are made from some upholstery sample swatches I picked up awhile ago at the thrift store.

The red is registering much brighter than it is in person.

I still have some other patterns to add to a few more that are in the stack.
I am pretty happy with the results. I have many more sewing projects to post. I am sure there will be a long list by the conclusion of the Final Four.

No comments: