Monday, June 29, 2009

A Carrot


This weekend, I caved. I gave in. I have been coveting the smaller Saarinen Tulip table forever. As noted before, I was perfectly happy with my free kitchen table. I was determined to hold out until I found a Saarinen table that was the bargain of the century. Someone went a dangled a carrot in front of me. There was an Ikea Docksta table on Craigslist. I resisted the temptation...but the person was moving. I e-mailed to check the dimensions and then offered a much lower bid if they wanted to get rid of it and still had it around before they moved. I was pretty sure that they were going to get better offers and that would then make the decision for me. They did not want to wait to get better offers. It was mine for the lower price if I wanted to come by and take a look. I did. It is now sitting in my kitchen awaiting my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

No comments: