Monday, October 12, 2009

Buried Treasure

After the purging of my storage space following the yard sale I decided i needed to periodically go down there and really see what is left down there. A week or so ago I went down there to dig through my fabric stash. It was a matter of inventory as well as a matter of preservation. I had noticed evidence that we have had some small uninvited visitors partying in our storage spaces so I thought better to remove anything I did not want to get in harms way. I decided that I needed to get any of my good fabric out of there mad moved into my workspace. I have documented some of it here. I know that I also have some other patterns already in my workspace. Please excuse the wrinkles. If you have no interest in fabric you can stop reading now. All of this is Marimekko. I had no idea that I had collected so much over the years. I have the tiniest scraps to large bolts of some. It was a nice surprise to find these.

1 comment:

ai said...

Marimekko heaven!

My father works in the textile printing business. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I've always loved textile and fabrics. You do have a nice collection.