Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fresh Eyes





Please excuse the wrinkles. While sorting through my fabric in storage I came across this quilt top I made several years ago. It was going to be a gift. It took a lot of colors thought you cannot tell from the picture. There are subtle differences between some of the color shades. I was going to take it to be machine quilted at a quilt shop until I heard the price. When I showed it to the woman at the shop she stated that it was "vibrant". I use the quotations because it was not a compliment the way she said it. I let her get inside my head and I ended up making an entirely new patchwork and then quilting it myself. I just stored this one away. Now when I look upon it with fresh eyes I really like it. I think I am going to make it one of my cold winter projects. I should have never listened to her. Well, at least this way I will now have a new quilt for myself.

No comments: