Monday, October 05, 2009

Getting my groove back

As I have mentioned before, the rummage sale season has gotten into full swing again. The crowds are larger and the elbows pointier than ever before. I find that it doesn't bother me as much because I am really in need of nothing. Anything that I find is usually for the Etsy shop or for a gift. It seems like it has been a really long time since I found an incredible steal. Well, this weekend I got my mojo back.
I went to an early morning sale on Saturday that was pretty boring. I knew this ahead of time so it was no big deal. I only got a couple of items. I was biding my time until I went to a second sale that started two hours later. I had no real purpose. I was just perusing. The only item I had my eye out for was a lamp table or two for my living room couch. So, I decided I would go first to the furniture section of the second sale. Hardly anyone was at the second sale compared to the first. I walked in, meandered around and finally strolled toward the furniture. That is when it happened. My radar went off. I saw something. Correction. I saw two of something. Two sets of Herman Miller Eames aluminum group chairs and ottomans. I stood by them. Looked at them. One was a red management chair set and the other was a blue lounger set. They were the same price. Fifty bucks for the set! I noticed that there was a piece of masking tape on the red one with a name on it so I assumed it was sold. I turned over the blue ottoman to verify the tag. Score! Wrote a check, carried them to my car.

Tomorrow, I share yet another score on the same day.

No comments: