Friday, October 16, 2009

Not so extreme makeover

This Friday, I present you with a do-it-yourself makeover. Please keep you expectations very low on this one. My Mom volunteered me to recover this little footstool. It is for an elderly friend of a friend.

As you can see, the embroidery was completely gone and the fabric worn through. Those white petals of the flower are not embroidery, but worn out fabric. So, what was I to do? They were very non-specific. They just wanted the thing recovered. Normally, I would have looked for a more modern or "fun" fabric, but they kept saying that it did not matter. I could just slap a patch of red fabric over the hole for her. Well. OK.

So, here is the finished product. Not earth-shattering, but presentable...I think.

Have a very happy Friday and a good weekend.

No comments: