Monday, February 15, 2010

Film envy


There are only three weeks until the Academy awards. I would highly recommend that you go and see "An Education". I really enjoyed the story and the acting, but as an added bonus, the clothing is to die for. I have not seen much of Rosamund Pike other than when she was a Bond girl in "Die Another Day". After seeing her in this film I was struck by how breathtakingly beautiful she is. Unfortunately, her character is a dumb as a box of rocks. Helen might be dumb, but she has an amazing closet.

.....and jewelry box.
I was really drawn to the outfits in the first photo and it has finally hit me why. All I had to do was look into my closet. I actually do own quite a bit of animal print that I do not wear very often. It is one of the many secrets I keep in my closet. I am sure that people who know me would be surprised to find these items in my closet, but I do have a wild side I keep to myself.


This is a vintage leopard print coat I found at the thrift a few years ago for about $10. It is in need of new buttons.

This is not vintage. This is actually a Gap faux fur scarf that I found last year at the thrift for a few bucks.

I thrifted these about a half a year ago. They combine two of my favorite things, mules and animal print.
Now, if I could only find that necklace at the thrift.....

No comments: