Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Nowhere to Land


For quite some time I have been looking for a good place to keep my keys. Most people have a landing strip, but that doesn't work for me because I rarely use my front door and there is no good place in my kitchen. I cannot hang them near the door for security reasons. I usually toss them on the table where they eventually fall to the floor and I grope around in the morning darkness searching for them. I finally decided I needed some type of storage box.

I had some of these cigar boxes laying around.


The problem was that I thought the back was far more interesting than the front. This made for a very shallow back to the box. It was not ideal.


As luck would have it I was out running one morning and this was sitting on top of a dumpster. It was meant to be.


It was much deeper and could store more stuff.


It had a nice clasp for closure and for some reason the word "Dreams" was printed on all sides.


I just added some cup hooks and a picture hanger on the back and it was ready to be hung on the

wall.

No comments: