Monday, January 31, 2011

Beauty Mark


Do you notice the beauty in everyday things you might normally overlook? This rag was in a box of wonderful things I discovered at a thrift. I love the mark making that has occurred on this rag. It was in a box filled with these vials of colored powder. I actually purchased them without knowing their purpose. Surprise. I just loved the way they look.

I finally dug deeper in the box to find out that these are paints for use on china. Look at the lovely handwritten labels.

Since I was buying the powders, the owner of the store brought these out because she thought I might like them. She was right. They are a set of thin metal boxes that each contain a sheet of glass with these marks of paint colors. The paints are all hardened in case you were wondering. They are pretty cool, don;t you think?.


No comments: