Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Snowmageddon...or the good, the bad, and the ugly


I think it is better to give you the ugly first. This was actually at the end of my walk around my block early this morning. If you look closely you can make out a couple walking their dog down the middle of the street. They are only half a block in front of me. All of a sudden, there was a white out. I might add that I live on a fairly busy street and this is what it looks like today. At the corner a police car is sitting to divert traffic because you cannot go down most streets, but you absolutely cannot go along the water.

This is not a window. It is a front door. It is just a couple of doors down from my place. This is actually what my back door looked like. We were almost trapped until I was able to get out the front door because it opens in instead of out. My dog was very happy that we discovered an escape route.

See? No cars. Normally, you have to wait quite a long time to be able to cross the street.

I walked down the street until I got here. See all of the snowed in cars? That is a park to the right which runs along the lake. I think you can imagine how windy and cold it was taking this picture.

This mid-century house is one of my favorites. It is fabulous inside. It looks like it might not be so fun to try and dig your way out as well as make sure that the flat roof is OK.

I love how they rehabbed this great house. Perfect picture in the snow.

Here is a snowed in courtyard down the street. I don't think any of the residents are getting out until someone comes with a snow blower to unblock the doors.

Believe it or not, there are stairs and the bottom of a door behind that snow.

It might be a pain, but you cannot deny how pretty it is.

I try to look on the bright side.

No comments: