Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oodles of noodles


After reading this article in the NY Times I knew that I was going to be on a major noodle expedition this trip. The fact that it was Chinese New Year just added to the purpose. I actually started out at Super Taste. I must admit that they have the best broth I have every tasted in a noodle soup. The next night I went just across the street to Sheng Wang as suggested in the article. They speak the truth about the hand pulled noodles. They are wonderful. I think that the ultimate bowl of noodle soup would combine the broth from Super Taste with the noodles from Sheng Wang.

I could not leave without trying out some of the new ramen places as well. I decided to try Ramen Kuboya in the east village. I am so glad it was my last meal before catching my plane.

It is in a space that was formerly a French restaurant. I really like that they left the decor the same. I had one of the lunch special sets. It was your choice of any ramen with two pork buns and a bowl of rice.

These are the delicious pork buns with a nice spring side salad and potato salad. The spring salad had a very nice onion dressing. Truthfully, that was enough food for my lunch, but I decided to take one for the team and push on.

This was my beautiful spicy miso ramen. Well worth the trip. As you can see, I covered a lot of noodle ground while visiting here.

No comments: