Thursday, October 13, 2011

Naked, but finished....finally


I never thought the day would come, but it has. Let us go back to the day that my toilet started leaking and I realized it was time for a change. Try to remember that tile and tube with a yellowish cast and the water damaged dry wall next to the tub.
Then we stripped everything down to the bare necessities.
Here is the result.
A little rain shower in the morning now.

A newly refinished bright white tub to go with those new white tiles.


Don't forget the $20 medicine cabinet from the thrift store soon to be made over.
And the before lighting - this lovely rattan tulip bulb light fixture.

The lovely wallpaper gifted to me from b.
I guess we had already changed out the faucet here, but it was a different style which is evident in another picture.
Lovely. New toilet and scary ass wall.
There is the old faucet and medicine cabinet.
Voila. Not accessorized, but finished.
I had to take a second shot to include the new vintage light fixture. Since work was mostly done on one weekend day a week it did take a bit longer to finish, but it was well worth it. I have put this off for almost 10 years and now it is finished. It came in just under $825 total for labor and materials. That is a budget I can deal with.

No comments: