Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baker and Nosh

For me, the test of a truly good bakery is their baguette.  I realize that it is difficult to get a decent baguette outside of France, but I can dream, can't I?  I purchased this on my way out of Baker and Nosh because it just looked like it had such potential.  I have to admit that it was pretty good.  I am sure I will be back for more. 

  This was my first visit here.  It is a fairly recent addition to Uptown.  The bakery is out in the open and you can watch the bakers in action.  They also have a great selection of terrine, pate, cheese, etc.  I also bought a small slice of the truffle mousse which I highly recommend.  I had to get an espresso and split the carrot raisin coffee cake and the apple crisp.  All were yummy.  They also offer baking classes here.  Right now they offer bread and croissants.  I am not sure if I should take a class in Croissants.  That could be a dangerous weapon in my hands.

No comments: