Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Renegade Holiday

This weekend was the Renegade Holiday Craft Fair. I got there right after it opened on Saturday because the building is not very large and it gets very crowded very fast.  So, I could have shown you really bad photos of craft booths due to the fact that it was jammed with people and there was no way to get a clear shot of anything, or I could show what I thought was the best display at the show.  This is it.  These beautiful jellyfish made out of fabric.  It was squandered away down a small corridor.  I wish it had a more highlighted location, but the space is not very accommodating for that. 


When I researched online I found that there was a larger display at Portland airport.  Here is a video to give you a better idea.
 
 

Underwater Flight // Sayuri's World from Quimby on Vimeo.
 
 
There were a couple if vendors that stand out in my memory.  Here are the links - McBitterson's is right up my alley. I also enjoy Slightly Offensive Chicago Posters, but I think you have to live here to get most of the jokes.

After perusing the show and breathing the open air again we went to Hoosier Mama for some pie.  It was a good start to the holiday season.

 
 

No comments: