Monday, October 20, 2008

Radio Days


As I noted earlier, I hit a church rummage sale this weekend. I was not in need of anything. I just wanted to take a look around and see if I could find anything interesting. I picked up a few items here and there. Found a few nice items in the linen department to use in future projects. I wandered into the electronics department to see if there was any camera equipment I might be interested in. (As if I need any more camera equipment.) I stopped when I saw several old radios sitting on a shelf. They were all really nice, but I thought that this one stood out from the crowd. It was in pristine condition. It it a nice hefty radio. I decided that it made a great visual piece if nothing else. When I got it home I plugged it in and it works. I looked it up on the Internet to get some more information, It was manufactured in 1948. I think it is pretty cool.

No comments: