Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend - staycation

I have to admit that since I began working from home I did not get into the city as much as I would have liked. It has only gotten worse since I have been unemployed. I tend to stick closer to home. Anyway, I decided to make a visit downtown before all of the crowds descended for the summer. Sometimes, when you live somewhere you forget about all of the incredible things it has to offer. things that tourists are quick to point out. Case in point - Millennium Park. If you have not been to Chicago and plan on coming in the future, I would highly recommend that you go there.

If it is warm you can frolic through the water at Crown Fountain while watching the faces of various Chicagoans illuminate the towers.
Cloud Gate. I do not think that this sculpture is fully appreciated by many who view it. It is an incredibly beautiful thing to behold. The way it interacts with the environment is amazing.

I think I could stare at it all day.


Pritzker Pavilion designed by Frank Gehry.

I have not attended a concert here (I have heard that the acoustics are incredible). It is such a monumental piece of architecture. It makes me want to go to Bilbao.

It was finally time for some sustenance. Even though I try to avoid Macy's (I am a born and bred Marshall Field's devotee) I will always break my boycott in order to go to Noodles by Takashi Yagihashi. Oh. Yum.
I split the Miso Ramen combo with shrimp rolls. Again, if you are shopping on State Street, stop by and have a bowl of noodles.

The real reason I made the trip to the city was to check out the place below. Just opened....wow. More to follow.

No comments: