Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Camera Obscura


This is not so much a skeleton in my closet, but I did find it in one of my boxes. No, I did not post a picture of a ratty oatmeal box to share with you. This is a pinhole camera that I made with my friend Suzanne. It brough back so many good memories of a very dear friend. I can tell by the expiration date of the box that we made it some time in 1996. Suzanne and I met in France when we lived together in Giverny for the summer. We were both awarded fellowships by the Terra Foundation to live in Giverny and produce artwork. She is an incredibly talented book artist. She also does some amazing work with pinhole images. If you live in the D.C. area you should definitely sign up for one of her classes at Paper Source. I see that she has one coming up in September. She does beautiful work and is an excellent teacher.

No comments: