Friday, February 19, 2010

All hail McQueen


photo from Style.com


I have already confessed to my addiction to Hulu. With the untimely passing of Alexander McQueen my recommendation for your viewing this week is this installment of Masters of Style. It was originally shown in 2001. I found the first few minutes of commentary to be very ironic. I enjoyed the fact that he secretly scrawled graffiti in the lining of the Savile Row suits made for Prince Charles and Calvin Klein. I admired the way that he did not play by the rules and slapped people in the face with his ideas. I think he was right though. If he is footing the bill, he should have the right to say what he thinks. I also found the whole piece a little bit sad. He seemed a bit unhappy. Watch it and see what you think.

No comments: