Monday, August 22, 2011

Forced rehab

Pretty, isn't it? My toilet started to leak last week and I had to face the realization that I needed a new one. It was a nice old toilet. This is the new one that was installed over the weekend. Uh, I guess the new one has a smaller water tank and the wall behind it is not finished like the rest of it. Great. I have been putting off doing any bathroom renovations for quite some time. I was going to ease into it bit by bit. Well, not any longer. I am moving it into high gear.
This is the lovely color of the tile that surrounds the shower. Not offensive, but not want I wanted. Now that there is water getting behind them it is time to rehab that as well.
I am deciding between these 3 x 6 white subway tiles
and these 8 x 10 white tiles. I am leaning toward the larger tiles only because the floor is a white hexagonal subway tile and I think it might be too busy.
This is the lovely bathroom lighting fixture. Who doesn't love tulip shades and rattan bases? Especially when one of them does not even work.
I am hoping that this fixture will be replacing it.
Again, I was going to wait a bit until I undertook the task of putting some of this wallpaper up on the bathroom walls. Now I guess I no longer have that luxury.
You hardly notice it now, do you?...with my camouflage...Dangit!

2 comments:

ai said...

Those are hard decisions to make...especially when both of those tiles look really nice. In any case good luck with that!

pupule said...

Thanks! Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures when I am finished.