Wednesday, June 06, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Class

I was over an hour early for my class downtown (the exact opposite of last week when I was almost 4 hours late due to that el fire) so I meandered a bit on the way.  I decided to get an espresso somewhere before class.  While walking on Washington I spotted a cute patisserie & cafe.  What?  You know how I love a patisserie and cafe.  All you really needed were the euro cafe chairs and table to lure me in.   I'm easy that way...and so many others.   By the way, in case you are wondering, I usually find one route to wherever I am going (especially during rush hour) and do not stray from it.   That is why I had never passed this place in the past two months.   

 If nothing else, the interior to this place is incredibly cute and roomy.  It offers a nice respite from your travels in the loop.  I would definitely recommend it to tourists.  The Art Institute, Millennium Park and the Cultural Center are all right here.  It is much more pleasant than going into your generic Starbuck's or other chain coffee joint.

A lovely selection of cakes.

Beautiful pastries that I managed to stay away from.

You did not really expect me to get my espresso and not indulge in some sort of baked good, did you?  It is a good thing that maxi dresses are acceptable this summer.  Don't judge.  They had 3 kinds of shortbread so I took a sample of each.  There must be a stick of butter in each cookie.  I am so glad that I found this place, but I am  also glad that I found it with only one more class to attend.   That means I will probably only make it there one or two more times this year.

Toni Patisserie and Cafe.

No comments: