Saturday, July 13, 2013

Flea Saturday


This will be a short post because I am drained of all my energy and I have to get up before the crack of dawn to cross the border.  As you can see it was a very bright and somewhat warm day today.  Although it was not too hot to walk the flea market, it was still very draining.  So...just a quick highlight.  Above you will see a missed opportunity.  These Eames knock-offs were only ten bucks each.  I should have bought them, but I have come to a point where I have to be better at budgeting and selection.  I still sort of regret leaving these, but I am sure that will pass tomorrow when I am knee deep in treasure again.

I snagged this great oldish sign.  It was an unexpected find.

This was one of those serendipitous finds.  Only yesterday I met with an old art teacher of mine who is a sculptor.  I am working with him on a project.  I know that I will need a great thank-you gift for him when the project is over.  I stumbled across this great vintage pull-down chart today.  you really can't tell how huge this is.  Imagine it covering the big center panel of a chalkboard in your sophomore biology class.  Why is it ideal?  My teacher and I share an affinity for vintage/antique medical and post-mortem paraphernalia.  This huge chart is for ringworm and tapeworm.  Perfect.

No comments: