Monday, September 02, 2013

Red Rooster

I am a big fan of Marcus Samuelsson.  I have been to Red Rooster before, but I have never eaten there.  The last time I just came for coffee at the bar.  This time I decided to stop in for the prix fixe lunch during Harlem Week.  I sat in the front where they have the communal dining tables and the bar.  The photos will give you almost a 360 of the front of the restaurant.



Look at the woodwork on that bar... and those stools.

 
 I happen to like this wall chock full o' stuff.
 
I sat right next to this beautiful quilt.  I could not fit the entire thing into my frame unless I stood out in front of everyone and shot while they ate (which I was not about to do).

 
I chose the market greens salad for my first course.  The other choice was a gingered carrot soup.  The salad was extremely fresh and tasty.  At the top of the frame you can see the cornbread which came with honey butter and a tomato jam which was so good.  I had never had one before and I really liked the sweet and savory mixture.  I am going to try and make some at home.
 
 
Next I chose Helga's meatballs.  How could I not?  I even ate meat just so I could experience the meatball recipe of his grandma.  The meatballs came with ligonberries, pickled cucumbers, mashed potatoes and braised purple cabbage.  The other choices were Honey mustard salmon or Mac and greens.  (Sorry for the crappy shot).
 
 



I was completely stuffed already.  Dessert was a choice between banana and red velvet cupcake with vanilla ice cream.  Yes, I rolled myself out of there and headed for the airport.

1 comment:

mariko said...

Holy crap, those are some generous servings! It all looks delicious.